I am an Assistant Professor of Digital Arts at Stetson University in Deland, Florida. I currently teach courses in digital audio, audio recording and production, senior projects, scoring for multimedia, and advanced digital art studio.
My teaching philosophy emphasizes being flexible, conversational, and empathetic through the use of active learning techniques.
Here are some recent posts that have to do with my teaching:
- Seniors 2021I’m very proud of my Digital Arts and Music Technology seniors from this year at Stetson. They have made a group of excellent and versatile projects that are sound/music based. I was the senior research … Read more
- Guardians of the HarmonitreesI had a ton of fun collaborating with artist Sky Macklay to compose a work to perform with her Harmonitrees installation at the Hand Art Center during her residency at Stetson University. I created the … Read more
- Sandra Stetson Aquatic Center (SSAC) Audio StreamAs a part of the Stetson Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience (IWER), my colleague Nathan Wolek and I have started an acoustic ecology lab and a project of audio streams in places of interest … Read more
- Kenny Lee and Hannah Sun, videoI had a lot of fun recording, mixing, and editing this video for Kenny Lee and Hannah Sun of Schumann’s Adagio and Allegro. Shoutout to Digital Arts students Destin Beaumont and Rob Armstrong for assisting … Read more
- Scoring for Multimedia class Demo ReelsI’m proud of my first Scoring for Multimedia students finishing up a difficult semester in the spring of 2020. Here are their final projects, a demo reel showcasing their scoring projects for film and video … Read more
- DIGA students Senior ExhibitionI’m proud of our Digital Arts seniors who pulled together their senior exhibition to be online in April 2020. One of my mentees, Trevor Hamlin, won an award for his senior project:
- Persona 5 video game scoreAn example of combining multiple music pieces into RPG gameplay for my Scoring for Multimedia class at Stetson university.
- Score to the Train Scene from Spirited AwayA film scoring study for the train scene from Spirited Away.